Passive, Mechanical, Fire Systems
CoveKinloch New Zealand is a leading building consultancy and building compliance practice with a focus on providing professional, engineering and technical services within the built environment.
Our well-established Wellington office based in Lower Hutt deliver our four core services of BWoF / Evacuation / Building Surveying and Fire Engineering. We are seeking to speak with candidates who are currently working in the building compliance fields of either or all the following specified systems; – Passive, Mechanical and or Fire Systems. We are seeking to build a role and job description around the successful candidate in either a full time or part time capacity.
About the position:
You will be responsible for a variety of technical compliance tasks for our Wellington branch. This role is not fully defined yet as it will be driven by the successful candidate to a point. However, it will include all or most of the following:
- Monthly owner inspections
- Annual IQP inspections and reporting
- 12A issuance
- Interacting with systems sub contactors
- Liaising with clients
- Installing building log books
- Pricing assistance
- Some travel within the Lower North island.
Skills & Attributes required:
- IQP status with Wellington City or near to achieving such status
- Confident spoken and written communicator
- Presents themselves well
- Competency with computer systems
- Good attendance and timekeeping skills
- A fire or mechanical systems background
- Possess a mature attitude and commitment to the role
- Ability to use initiative/self-drive imperative
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work collaboratively, yet independently
- Be highly organised and structured with the ability to multi task
- Be flexible and open to change
- IQP status in Backflow Prevention would be useful
What we can offer you:
- A competitive pay cheque
- Internal and external training with on-going annual CPD
- Attendance at Association of Building Compliance meetings, training and conferences
- A great working environment and flexibility within the role
- A close-knit branch and friendly national BWoF team
- Be part of a highly respected independent national building compliance team
Applicants for this position MUST HAVE New Zealand residency or a valid NZ work visa.
If you have the required skills and attributes and wish to enquire further about this position please email Peter Bamford, Director, CoveKinloch New Zealand Ltd at: firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference BWOF WLG.