We can handle the building consent process for you on your behalf.
Ensuring that the correct Building Consent documentation is lodged at the outset and the correct process followed is crucial to receiving a timely and hassle-free consent approval.
Our staff within the Building Consulting team at CoveKinloch are familiar with the building consent process. Also, we are experienced in Council requirements and negotiating with Council in these circumstances.
A well-managed process will lead to the delivery of a timely building consent and ultimately receipt of the all-important Code Compliance Certificate (CCC).
Our service can be tailored to suit the level of input required by our clients and can typically cover the following areas.
- Project Planning Phase: Agreeing scope of work, consentable or non-consentable, pre-application meeting, building consent exemption letters, or proceed with a building consent application.
- Documentation Phase: Commissioning and or collating all the required documentation for the building consent application. This documentation must be completed by appropriately qualified individuals and be compliant with the NZ Building Code.
- Application Phase: Building consent application made on behalf of our client. Handle any Requests for Information if received.
- Construction Phase: Receive the building consent and review any conditions and understand their implications. Ensure all parties who have construction monitoring obligations are engaged and carry them out to ensure standards are met and the required Producer Statement documentation for Construction Monitoring can ultimately be issued. Meet with Council Building Inspectors on site to assist resolve any failed inspection issues.
- CCC Phase: Bring together and collate the documentation such as; Producer Statements, work certificates, LBP certificates, as built drawings, information for specified systems etc.