Fire Engineering

With offices in Auckland, Hamilton, Tauranga, Rotorua and Wellington, CoveKinloch New Zealand provides commercial and industrial fire engineering services across the North Island.

Fire engineering reports are now an essential component of most commercial and industrial building consent applications. This applies to new developments and alteration work on existing buildings. We work with developers, owners and lessees of commercial and industrial buildings to minimise fire risk, and ensure the fire safety and compliance of their buildings.

Our fire engineering services for commercial and industrial buildings include:

Fire Engineering Design

We provide fire engineering design reports using NZ Building Code Acceptable Solutions, Verification Method or specific design, to accompany building consent applications for both new and existing buildings.

Complex CFD Modelling for Fire Protection

Using computer modelling, we can design effective fire protection systems for even the most complex buildings.

Construction Monitoring for Fire Protection

We’ll work closely with your project teams on site to ensure the correct implementation of fire protection systems.

Pre-Purchase Inspections & Advice

Before you commit to purchase any commercial or industrial building, our fire engineers can carry out a thorough pre-purchase inspection. We’ll advise you of any implications in terms of compliance with the fire engineering requirements of the NZ Building Code.

CoveKinloch New Zealand Ltd works closely with you and your project teams to ensure the most practical, cost effective fire engineering solution is developed for your building. We have the experience and expertise to ensure the optimal design solution is provided to meet your needs, including innovative solutions to meet the performance requirements of the building codes.

Download a copy of our ‘Fire Engineering and Fire Safety Design’ brochure here

Contact a Fire Engineer near you

Contact a Fire Engineer in Auckland

Michael Clifford

Contact a Fire Engineer in Wellington

Ravi Alwis


Do I need a Fire Report for alterations to my building?

In general, any non-residential work that requires an application for building consent will require a fire report. Please contact us directly and we will discuss the regulatory requirements applicable to your building.