Te Puke High School Redevelopment – Building Surveying
- Client: Ministry of Education
- Location: Te Puke High School, Cameron Road, Bay of Plenty
- Building Type: New school buildings including learning spaces, laboratories, library, special needs unit, staff facilities and whare building.
- Project Scope:
Te Puke High School is undergoing a significant redevelopment programme to replace out of date buildings and infrastructure. The total value of the work is approximately $14 million. Around 60% of the teaching spaces will be new or refurbished accommodation.
The following redevelopment work is being completed:
- New Learning Spaces
- Special Needs Facility
- Staff Facilities and Resource Areas
- Underground services
- SNUP upgrade
- External landscaping
The new school design will incorporate the new and relocated buildings into modern learning environment facilities. To enable the school to continue operating throughout the construction period, a complex programme of refurbishment, decanting, demolition and construction has been developed.
- Project Delivery:
The purpose of the contract is to provide independent construction observation and quality assurance for the Te Puke High School Redevelopment:
- Monitor the Contractor’s Quality Assurance Plan.
- Review on site construction for compliance with NZ Building Code Requirements, contract documents, drawings and specifications.
- Monitor progress of the Works against the Construction Programme for the duration of the contract.
- Provide weekly and monthly observation reports.
The observation and reporting contract was completed over a twelve month period. This involved weekly site visits followed by a detailed report. The contract involved working closely with the main contractor to follow through on any reported issues. CoveKinloch’s Project Management experience as well as an excellent knowledge of NZ Building Code and construction techniques enabled the successful delivery of this project.